January 2010

January 2010
"o magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together." PS 34:3

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Won't be long now!

Each day is better then the last - really! Today Lowell took me out for breakfast and I used the cane and not the walker....in the afternoon we went to a Christian book store and again I went on the cane (and using Lowell's hand as we crossed the street). Then tonight I fixed dinner, but to be honest - that took what I had left in me out.....We didn't even go for our walk tonight :( but I did a lot of walking today anyways.
I should be discharged this week from the PT as I said and I only have this week left and then its back to Mayo....(the 2nd) pray for our safety as we travel. I would also ask that you pray for a young couple who were hit head on by a drunk driver. He came across the center line and hit them head on. They have 4 children (8 years to a new baby) and all were hurt but the baby. Because the parents were up front they were hurt most......pray for them, what is my little surgery in light of this, but we all serve and love the same God and I know HE is in control of them as well as HE was with me ........ but I understand the need of prayer on their behalf.
I'll let you know how I'm doing as the week goes by.
I won't be back to church yet tomorrow but I'm biting at the bit to get there. Last week there were right at 300 so it's good I didn't try it ....... I'm still a little unsure of my footing, but it won't be long now!!
Thanks again for continuing to pray for me.
Georgie

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are improving day by day. I will pray for this family that are suffering after their accident too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! Sounds like He is bringing you back in record time! We will certainly pray for this dear family. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Georgie! This is all so good to hear! So refreshing to know that you can look back and see all the progress. Praise the Lord for His watchcare over you and the family throughout all of this. May He continue to bless you with a great recovery! Prayers & love to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Sept 1st..(can you believe it??) Tuesday...and I'm thinking of you today as usual..
    Also: Praying for your trip back to MAYO..
    Thankful with you that 6 weeks has passed!!!!
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!...for a speedy recovery my friend..

    Ann

    ReplyDelete