January 2010

January 2010
"o magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together." PS 34:3

Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's been 6 months already...

It's hard to believe that it's already been six months since I was at Mayo being operated on...but, it has and I'm still thanking the Lord for what He did in our lives by allowing me to have some more years to move about freely and be active (well almost active, I'm not really the "active" type).

Lowell and I will leave Monday AM and drive down to Jacksonville, FL so that I can be there bright and early Tues. AM. I first go to have X-Rays and then about an hour and a half later on to get a C-Scan done. We'll hang around there for a while and then go on to the Dr.'s appointment to hear how well I'm doing. : D And to that I will again Praise the Lord for His mercy and goodness to me.

Someone ask Barbara if I was a good patient and did as well as I have been reporting....well, let's just say she told it like it was....and no, I wasn't the model patient that I had hoped I would be. I tried to explain to her that it was because of the drugs that I acted that way...I'm not sure that she bought all of that, but never the less "that's my story and I'm sticking to it!" The drugs did make me so sleepy and that was ALL I wanted to do, but they kept telling me I had to get up and "move"..... I don't like to move when I'm not on drugs and sleepy, what made them think that I would when on them? Go figure! Anyway, we are 6 months down the road and now I'm back to almost normal. Well, let's face it, I'm not the young thing I was when they were growing up, but I'm not in a wheel chair either, so all in all we are ALL very thankful. My hips bother me still, and I guess always will due to the arthritics, but it's not like it was when I couldn't type, put on my ear rings, button buttons, or write my name. I'm back to doing all of that, plus taking care of the Lowell and the house, so I'm back to normal.

Do you remember me asking you to pray for an unspoken request? Well, for those of you who have been I want to thank you and ask you to continue. The Lord has been good to give me some answers and it seems to be working well for us. I am just thankful that the Lord knows what we have need of and will be faithful to work in His own time frame, but I must admit that it isn't always easy to "wait on Him", maybe that's why it says, "and AGAIN I say, wait on the Lord." Guess He knew that I'd need that extra reminder. Keep praying because it is important, not only to us, but to the ministry of the Lord's work.

Today we got a call from Lowell's niece telling us that her mother (Lowell's youngest sister of the 3 sisters) is in the hospital and that she will be moved to a Hospice Wing when she is ready to be moved. We don't know God's timing in this either, but we know that He already has it all planned, and that His ways aren't always ours, but they've been proved to be best. We are going on with our plans to go to FL and they have our cell numbers. We'll take it one day at a time, and go as far as we're able. At this time we're thinking we'd go up in case we would have need to, but I would wish that we wouldn't have to. To be honest, I really don't want to fly, but pray for me in case I have to. When we were going to go this past summer we were going to drive and we will drive when we go up this summer if we do, but to drive up (2 days one way) in the winter is a little more then I think we should try. Pray for her (Dee) and for us if we should need to go.

Also, Lowell's oldest sister has cancer. She has done well, in that she hasn't been sick with it, and has been taking some chemo for it. There is a spot on her lung which they have been watching. When they checked last time the chemo wasn't making it any smaller, but then it wasn't getting any larger either. Pray for wisdom for she and the Doctors as they plan her next course of action. She is so healthy that it has surprised them all at her condition....only the Lord could do this and again we thank Him for His goodness to us all. But she (Leta) and Dee both need our support in prayer. Thank you for this also.

Seems like I really am asking you to pray for us a lot, but you know you're my friend and you always have said, "Tell me what I can do to help" ~ well, pray for us please.

Well, this should bring you up to date on what's going on around here. When we get back I'll post again and let you know how we are all doing. I hate it when I've been praying and then never "hear" how the thing I was praying about turned out.

Thank you for your faithful friendship to me during this time in my life. A friend ask me the other day "What have you learned in all of this you've been through?" I told her one of the things was just how much your friendship and prayers meant to me ~ but how over whelming it all has been too. It's hard to believe that so many people would love me enough to give of themselves and their time to pray for me. I know that you did though, I'm typing this blog!!
Just thought of something ~ this must be a little of what Paul felt when he said he was writing in his own hand.....I'm typing this in my own hand!

Guess you wish I were feeling so well and had stopped a long time ago... : /
I will let you go, but again THANK YOU for your support and love, it means so much!
My love and prayers for you,
Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment