January 2010

January 2010
"o magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together." PS 34:3

Monday, November 9, 2009

Went to Physical Therapy and...

I went to Physical Therapy on Friday and it went well. Well, in that it doesn't look like I'll have to go more then a month and possibly not even that long. The reason is that there isn't really a lot they can do to help me improve from where I am at this point. It was worth the visit though to learn "how to sleep". A big part of my pain in my right shoulder was coming from the way (position) that I was laying and he helped me with that. I need to sleep with 4 pillows : D who knew? Sounds crazy but it really does make a difference in the morning when I wake up. Of course it's a pain during the night when I want to roll over to the other side, but I'm learning that I can go right back to sleep. The main thing that changed was putting a pillow under my abdomen which lifts the right shoulder some so it doesn't roll under causing it to hurt when I wake up. (Just in case some of you were wondering.) I've gone back to driving and that has been wonderful, but I just have to be real careful when pulling out into traffic. I can turn my head to the right a little more then I can to the left. I find I need to turn my body to the left in order to see better. I'm being very careful and so far I'm doing OK. I also try to pull into (or through) a parking space so I don't have to back out...that helps a lot too. All in all I'm getting stronger each day and for this I thank the Lord for His goodness and safe keeping.

Lowell was suppose to get cataracts removed from each of his eyes (one this month and the other one next month) but he told me today that he went back to the Dr. and told him to just refill the order for glasses that he had and that he'll get it done a year from now (maybe). : / Oh well, what does the Dr. know? : D Lowell kept telling the Dr. that he isn't having any problem seeing and that all he needs is to have his glasses fixed...they couldn't be fixed so they are having to replace them (the frame couldn't be fixed). We'll just wait and see I guess.

I still have a prayer request that is a concern of mine, but I can't yet give any of the details. I know that God is able and that He has a perfect plan and will in the matter, but I really think it needs to be addressed and yet, I don't have any answers to the situation or peace about it....so I continue to pray and trust the Lord. He hath begun "this work" and I'm going to trust and wait on Him to complete it. Thank you for joining with me in this matter. I really do appreciate it.

I can't believe that summer has come and gone and now it's the "holidays" again. Joy and her family will be going to FL to be with Michael's family for Thanksgiving. It will be a bitter/sweet one for them as this time last year Michael's brother was fighting cancer and went home to the Lord just before Thanksgiving. So this will be hard for all of them. Pray for them during the weekend if you think of it. Barbara and her family will be here with us and we'll have Thanksgiving together, along with some of the families from BBN that live out here close by us. We always came here before, but now it seems easier to go to her house since the kids are all bigger and they have the Wii (don't know how you spell it for sure) and other things for the kids now that they are older. So I don't know just where we will celebrate, but anywhere is fine with me....I just love all of us being together. The day after Thanksgiving we usually put up the Christmas decorations and enjoy them for the whole month (we take them down just afterwards). So it won't be long and we'll be in 2010! Now that's hard to believe.....seems like it was just 1999 and we were concerned about the computers (especially at BBN). How time flies!

Well, speaking about time flying, I best get off of here and go get my supper started. Lowell will be home soon and I won't be ready for him : D You take care and again I want to thank each one of you for praying and in advance Thank You for continuing to ~ I really do appreciate the love and concern that you've shown for me.

In His care I remain,
Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment